As we sit in our homes in a Stay HOme Stay Safe Order and another foot of snow hit us in mid April, we don’t have a lot of projects moving forward. But we do have goals once we are allowed to move forward.
- Paving 1 mle of trail between Co. Rd. 492 in Marquette Township to Northwoods Road. Marquette Township has hired Payne & Dolan to pave the trail underneath US. 41 which will allow for a safe connect bettween the IOHT with the north side of US 41. As soon as that project is complete, we’ll have Paisano Paving go in and pave this one mile section.
- Continue the kiln project. The kiln itself is almost finalized. Premeau crew was out in the winter working. They were almost finished when we got the Stay Home Stay Safe order. We’ll finish up the kiln and then add the other amenities: pavers surrounding the kiln, landscaping, signage, door and donor installation.
- SToneville road Parking Lot – We will build a gravel parking lot on the south east corner of the IOHT and Stoneville Road. This will allow residents in the area to have a safe place to access the trail. We will also add a sign about Samuel Tilden for whom Tilden Township is named.
- Accessible fishing piers, bird watching platform and weather shelter. This project has been on the books for 2 years and we will be building these amenities in 2020. This amenities are planned for the Carp river crossing in Negaunee and near the Pine HIll Pond in Negaunee Township.
- Upgrades to the ORV trail including culvert maintenance, fill and shaping of trail and grading.